Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Joys of Simplicity



I've had the R&B, slow jams stream going at my house now for several days...something about the smooth, sweet tones just makes me feel better when I'm sick. And, not surprisingly, it sparks a sort of mellow mood in me, when it comes to wardrobe. So, today I decided to stick to the basics - black and white, simple, sophisticated. Something that screams femininity while not compromising strength.

So, I started with this adorable black and white babydoll by Armidi Gisaci and paired it with a wonderful, and very flexible shrug borrowed from the Alizee ensemble by Last Call. Now, there may not really be weather in Second Life, but my wardrobe here tends to take after the weather in my first life, so I just had to toss in some leggings! Nothing is cute about goosebumps all over your legs! I decided on this simple, comfy pair of cropped, tie-bottom leggings from Boing Fromage. When it came to shoes, I didn't even have to think! Nothing was better for this ensemble than my gingham checked mary janes from Digit Darkes. The style of the strap, leading to the toe of this shoe mimicks the pattern of white against black on the top of the dress, tying the whole ensemble together flawlessly! I threw in a few of my favorite accessories to spice things up a bit, and voila!

I am woman, hear me roar!


Basics
:
Shape - My own
Skin - 13 Pale Skin -Jennifer- /smoky4 *REDGRAVE* (with eyebrows from Ashley skin)
Hair - ETD Laurie - Black
Nails - Skin Deep Natural French Manicure (from The Body Politik, now known as Drifting Sands. Not sure if these manicures are still available.)
Lashes - *Sin Skins* Vanity Lashes
Eyes - MADesigns SOUL eyes ~ blue 3

Clothing:
Shrug - Alizee White Shrug (standalone) (from Last Call)
Babydoll Dress/Top - {Gisaci} Soir Doux Babydoll - Black w/White (from Armidi)
Leggings - !BF! Cropped Tie Bottom Leggings - Cloud (from Boing Fromage)
Digit Darkes' Mary Janes-Gingham Check-TOE LOGO - vanilla

Accessories:
Drifting Sands Tahitian Pearl Earrings Black
Drifiting Sands Tahition Pearls Black
Glam Clutch - Rebel Hope Designs (from a Relay For Life gown set called "Glam RFL)

3 comments:

Rylan Carling said...

Of course your first post is FAB! Geez, is there anything you can't do?

Anonymous said...

Love it! <3

Rylan Carling said...

I added you to my list!!!
http://reflectionsplaza.blogspot.com/

<3